Monday, August 3, 2009

SW visit

We had the permanent care SW visit last night, which left MB and I feeling really down. Basically, they had 2 issues - we might move overseas in the future and we were honest and upfront about that, and we aren't infertile enough for them.

They're mainly bothered by our possible move overseas with Michael's singing career. It may not even happen, but we were honest about it being a possibility and they wouldn't place a child with us if we were to move OS, since the child would experience difficulties adjusting and feeling safe/secure. I do understand that a child with serious attachment issues would struggle with a move, and I can see their point of view, but doesn't the fact that we would be great parents, providing all the love and support in the world outweigh this?

They also seem to think we're not infertile ENOUGH!!! Because we don't know WHY we haven't fallen pregnant and haven't been down the IVF route, and may have biological children in the future (miraculously, but you never know), they're not sure about us. They generally like people to be 10000% sure they're infertile, or for them to have built a family already and THEN foster. Apparently we're doing things round the wrong way. And they're concerned we haven't 'grieved' over not being able to fall pregnant and found closure. Also, if the clomid counts as a fertility investigation/treatment then we would have to wait 12 months from now before applying to prove that we've grieved the inability to fall pregnant. Which I don't really get. I'm not that attached to the idea of giving birth, having stretch marks, swollen ankles, weight gain and saggy boobs that I need to grieve over the fact that I may never have them! We crave a family, a child, not being pregnant and giving birth.

AGGGGRHHH! Why isn't it good enough that we're two intelligent adults, in a stable relationship, who want to give a child a home, love and a family?????


We expect to hear back about their decision on whether we can proceed within a week.

No comments: