After another unsuccessful cycle on Clomid Michael and I had a talk last night and decided that we will stop actively trying to conceive. I will go off the Clomid, but I will not go back on the BCP. Both managed to so warp my hormones that I wasn't very happy on either and we figure that with our 0/13 cycle success rate, getting pregnant probably won't be very likely. So we will be Not Not-Trying to Conceive.
With a potential move overseas in 2 years we are probably better off without children at the moment. It means we will have more savings in which to make the move, we will be eligible for a wider range of visas without children, having worked up until we leave I will be more likely to be able to find employment when we settle in and we will have more money available for me to take language lessons over the next 2 years as well. On the whole it makes a lot of sense to remain childless at the moment. However, we won't be actively trying to prevent pregnancy either so, you never know. We may be one of those annoying "stopped trying and then a miracle happened" anecdotes that gets handed to infertile couples. Wouldn't that be ironic.
I'm not sure how I'll cope over the next 2 years as we probably remain infertile and we start to see friends who married around the same time we did (or even later!) start having babies. I know that will be difficult. But I'm hoping that having made a choice to remain temporarily infertile will help me get through it. Also, knowing we have Clomid and IVF up our sleeves for the
I'm also not sure what will happen to this blog. I'm intending to keep on posting, but may end of not having much to say. I guess we'll play it by ear.
No comments:
Post a Comment