My dear little son,
You are about to turn 2 years old next month. And it has taken me that long to come back to this blog to finish up and to say goodbye to it.
My journey to motherhood was longer than I thought it would be, way back when I started this blog. And it was harder than I thought it ever could be. But along the way, there were mercies large and small. Love and support from friends and family, kindness from some doctors and nurses, and many, many times when God simply picked me up carried me through because there was no way I could go on alone.
Although it was a hard path it was a worthwhile one. And not only because we got you in the end, but because God knows what his children need. Through that hard and rocky path I was tested and refined. God shaved off bad bits and added new and though I am still a broken and imperfect person I am a better one.
Now for the sometimes harder path of parenting, on which I will need all God's grace to me as I try to be grace-full to you.
Love,
Mama.

No comments:
Post a Comment