I've been praying that God would take this awfulness from me, or that he will give me the grace to endure. I realised today that he's been answering my prayers. Not in the way I'd most hoped for, but I have been given the grace to endure and rejoice through my suffering. I didn't know how He'd manage it, but he has. A great friend told me today that she's expecting her second child. And instead of reacting with envy, discontent and 'Why not me?', instead I could rejoice for her! I was wholy happy and pleased.
I'm not posting this because I'm proud of my ability to be happy for someone else without discontent or jealousy, because I achieve something or made progress. Because it's not something I did. I have nothing to be proud of. God is giving me the grace to endure this, and not only endure it, but to rejoice in Him, in my life and for my friends.
What great things God is teaching me through this time of trial and what a good God he is.
1 comment:
Praise God!
Post a Comment