Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Testing, Testing, 123

Michael and I are off for fertility tests this month:

1. Sperm count & motility (how do they swim) test. If they have Michael's sense of direction we don't have much hope! :-)

2. I have a test later this month to check I'm ovulating. I'm 99% certain I am ovulating so I'm not too worried about this one.

3. I'm having one next monday to check my fallopian tubes are 'patent' (unblocked). Since blocked fallopian tubes are my biggest fear at the moment. The test is supposed to be fairly uncomfortable (think pap-spear) and worse if they are blocked. Could you please be praying for me & Michael: that I wouldn't experience too much pain during the test, and that we would keep trusting God in this no matter the outcome.

I'll do a proper post next week after the test to let you know how I went.

2 comments:

Juliette said...

i just stumbled onto your blog via your profile/hausmaus - i hear you on the waiting waiting waiting thing...we've been trying for 1.5yrs now and started the testing process earlier this summer. (neither of us has any obvious potential hindrances, so we allowed the recommended year plus transition time for our move overseas) but I agree that it's super hard seeing what seems like 2/3rds of the women around me being pregnant! Our circle of friends back in the US went through a baby boom before we moved, and now that we're here in Germany, this circle of friends is baby booming as well.

Anyhow, sorry to blabber, but in an odd way your blog was an encouragement to me. I'm not sure how you interact with God, but we're Protestant and know that praying and trusting God is a big part of this, glad to see you're praying too. I know when I put it on myself that I get more irritable, and the times where I'm good about praying I'm definitely not as cranky about the whole thing.

Bonnie said...

Hi Juliette,

Thanks for your comment!

Yeah, the times when I consciously try, every day, to give this up top God are the times when it is easiest. When I focus on me and how I can 'fix' this or how it is 'my fault' I tend to get even more frustrated.