Monday, January 9, 2012

Catch-Up on News

Dear Walter,

I haven't written to you for quite a while now, so here's where we are up to in our wait to have you join our family:
  • I've had another operation to remove more Endometriosis, and they had to take out my fallopian tubes. So the only way you can join our family now is through IVF or adoption. Which means we are completely responsible for initiating your arrival. No just going off the pill for us, and letting God decide - we have to make that big step of booking an appointment at a clinic and starting a medical procedure. It feels weird being so 'in control' of the process. Although we're completely dependent on God to make the IVF work, so still 'out of control' as well!
  • We've moved to the other side of the world, found a studio flat and settled into life in the UK.
  • We've discovered that we can't adopt in the UK until we have permanent residency, which is 7 years away...
  • So we've decided to pursue IVF in 2013/14, since adoption just isn't an option here for such a long time.
  • We've inherited a bit of money, so we can afford to do IVF here, or at a European clinic, and if it ultimately fails we can afford to find you through International Adoption!
So, some good news with God providing us with the funds to start a family, one way or another. And some bad news in having to delay that start for some time.

I do feel a hole in our lives still, and often wish we had you with us now. But at the same time, I know that God is looking after us and his plans are good ones.

1 comment:

Lucy C said...

I just found this now. Will pm.