Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Counting my Blessings

I'm having a particularly Sorry-For-Myself kind of day today. So to try and pull myself out I'm going to list as many blessing as I can think of. Hopefully by the end I'll be feeling much more cheery, or at least more thankful?

1. Jesus - the biggest and best blessing anyone can have
2. Michael - second only to Jesus ;-)
3. A gorgeous home
4. Hot lunches on cold days
5. Money to buy said hot lunch and many other things besides
6. Icecream, raspberries and chocolate - three things I'm craving and don't have at the moment but could if I wanted to (see 5.)
7. 2 great families that love me and love one another
8. Fantastic in-laws
9. The best mum ever
10. A great childhood
11. 2 arms and 2 legs (as well as other numerous body parts)
12. Freddie C., his gorgeous chubby cheeks and 'Birdie!' squeals
13. Other people's children and babies.
14. Great friends from school, church and Uni
15. Travel and going to exotic places for holiday
16. Creativity - Mine and other peoples... painting, drawing, sewing, cooking and flowers
17. Education - 12 years at school and 6 at Uni.
18. Good teachers both at school & Uni and outside of education
19. Manda. My work-experience friend and teacher with a sunny personality.
20. Reasonable health. It's not fantastic (otherwise I wouldn't be writing this blog now would I?), but at least I'm not at death's door
21. Death's door is not scary. I know what's on the other side and it's far better than anything in this world.
22. Blogs. Sources of fun, friendship and inspiration
23. My Grandpa, who loved learning and teaching - for the books he collected for me and the Bull-Eyes he kept in a jar in his office
24. Clothes. I have so many gorgeous dresses, tops and pj's.
25. Accessories. Where would I be without my scarf library and catalogue of necklaces and bangles?
26. Girly DVD's. Great for a great cry, a good laugh and indulging my pink and frilly side
27. Weather. The rhythm of rain on a tin roof, sunshine that warms you to your bones and wind to blow away the cobwebs.
28. Holidays. 20 days of annual leave a year!
29. Birthdays. I was born - that's something to be thankful for! And I've had some great birthday parties.
30. Lollies. Marshmallows in particular.
31. Prayer. It's a blessing to be able to talk to God
32. The Bible - God talking to me!
33. Great preaching every Sunday
34. The Choir at church - beautiful music and the reason we joined the Cathedral
35. Audrey Hepburn
36. Freedom...
37. to marry the man I love
38. to dress how I please
39. to elect my government
40. to write whatever I want, even silly lists of my blessings.

What are some of the things you're grateful for? Either post them in the comments or link to your own blog post.

1 comment:

onlinesoph said...

what a good idea. I've been feeling a bit sorry for myself too of late. There are a few health problems in my family, which has got me down. But here are some things are I am grateful for:

1. Money. We need amd God provides, every time
2. Great girlfriends at work
3. Christian parents and brothers
4. a husband who doesn't even have to try to "get" me
5. A husband who desires my godliness above all things
6. A warm coat in winter (have been thinking a lot about my coat and how warm it is, especially when other people aren't as fortunate to have a warm coat in winter)
7. The ability to articulate and express myself - gets me far at work and in social situations
8. Television (yes, I am grateful for TV!)
9. The ability to enjoy culture
10. A job where I get to talk to people who create TV and culture
11. christian songs that hearten me when I'm down
12. Holidays!
13. An oven to bake things in
14. A wonderful church and God's answer to prayer in this regard
15. My friends who make me laugh and gladden my heart
16. Red wine, coffee and the fine things in life
17. That God listens to my prayers